It is the City Manager's job is to make sure the policy decisions made by the City Council are carried out and that public services are delivered efficiently and effectively.
- The City Manager shall be the chief administrative officer of the City and shall be responsible to the Council for the proper administration of all the affairs of the City and be required to:
- See that all State laws and City ordinances are effectively enforced;
- Appoint, suspend or remove all or any City employee, except department heads as provided in Section 4.02 unless otherwise provided for in this Charter;
- Attend all meetings of the Council except when excused by the Council;
- Prepare the budget annually and submit it to the Council for review with each Department Supervisor, amend if necessary, and after final approval, the City Manager will then be responsible for the administration of the budget;
- Keep the Council advised of the financial condition of the City on a monthly basis and make recommendations;
- Prepare and submit to the Council at the end of the fiscal year a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City for the preceding year;
- Make such other reports as the Council may require concerning the operations of the city;
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed in this Charter or required of him by the Council.