How A Case Begins
Code Enforcement cases can begin in a number of different ways; most commonly a complaint is called into the Department by a citizen. Complaints may remain anonymous or they may leave a name and number so they can be contacted in the future. To report a complaint, please call (325) 597 - 2244 XT. 201/202.
General Outline of Case Progression
Case progression can vary depending upon the nature of the violation or a number of variables.
- A complaint is received by the Department. (File a Complaint)
- An inspection is performed to verify that a violation exists on the property.
- The property owner is then notified that a violation(s) exists and is given a reasonable period of time in which to correct the violation(s).
- A follow-up inspection is performed to verify that the violation(s) has been corrected.
- If compliance cannot be achieved through normal channels, the case may be forwarded to Municipal Court as a citation (or) the property may be cleaned up and a lien filed against the property.